Friday, October 29, 2010

"Street Find" - Penaris Neighborhood, Costa Rica


Click on image for larger view.


On my morning walk I spied a not-to-be-ignored piece of flattened metal. The colors and square shape were too much to pass up. I brought it home working it into a collage echoing the naturally developed patina in the metal and scruffy paint. In retrospect I see I've included a number of things that express my personal self: the passage of time, the capturing of ideas via the string, the mechanics of machinery and the fantasy of films thus the Detroit Film Theater parking voucher. The street guards are getting used to seeing the “Gringo” poking things with her shoe and picking up finds from the street.

#46    6" x 6"  mixed media on archival Masonite board.     $60



No comments:

Post a Comment